SCCM4EVA

Reinstallation of WDS on SCCM2007

Question

Firtsly, great site anyweb. Your instructions are fantastic, I have several SCCM servers in our environment at present.

However my Primary SCCM Server, the WDS server service wouldn't start. Running this on Windows 2008 Standard

I unsinstalled WDS and have reinstalled however I am unable to 'configure' the WDS server. IT simplay errors after trying to complete.

I selected the same D:\RemoteInstall folder as before and choose respond to any client when configuring

I hadn't removed the PXE Service Point either (I think I should've done this first)

I am wondering what steps to take as have alot of images and packages configured that I have been deploying previously

If you need more information I will give whatever is required

Many thanks in advance

thanks for the kind words :)

as regards the wds service, did it ever start ? was it ever working ? what errors do you see in event viewer in relation to it not starting ? have you tried rebooting the server ?

thanks for the kind words :)

as regards the wds service, did it ever start ? was it ever working ? what errors do you see in event viewer in relation to it not starting ? have you tried rebooting the server ?

IT did, I have deployed packages before. I am sure of it. However it would seem but then has been failing with increased regularilty.

Looking through the Windows Deployment Services logs it would seem that it was been trying to startup and then it shuts down on a regular basis

Erors include:

ID 783 BINLSVC

An error occurred while initializing the Auto Add database.

ID 261 WDSPXE

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider BINLSVC loaded from C:\Windows\system32\binlsvc.dll. If the provider is marked as critical the Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

--NOte- found MS article on this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927770) - although the servers haven't been moved in AD

ID 265 WDPXE

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider BINLSVC. Since the provider is marked as critical, the Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

Error Information: 0x906

ID 513 WDSServer

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider WDSPXE from C:\Windows\system32\wdspxe.dll. Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

ID 257 WDSserver

An error occurred while trying to start the Windows Deployment Services server.

I am now thinkging I should re-initialised instead of uninstalling.

IT did, I have deployed packages before. I am sure of it. However it would seem but then has been failing with increased regularilty.

Looking through the Windows Deployment Services logs it would seem that it was been trying to startup and then it shuts down on a regular basis

Erors include:

ID 783 BINLSVC

An error occurred while initializing the Auto Add database.

ID 261 WDSPXE

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider BINLSVC loaded from C:\Windows\system32\binlsvc.dll. If the provider is marked as critical the Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

--NOte- found MS article on this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927770) - although the servers haven't been moved in AD

ID 265 WDPXE

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider BINLSVC. Since the provider is marked as critical, the Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

ID 513 WDSServer

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider WDSPXE from C:\Windows\system32\wdspxe.dll. Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

ID 257 WDSserver

An error occurred while trying to start the Windows Deployment Services server.

I am now thinkging I should re-initialised instead of uninstalling.

It they appeared after a reboot, Sinbce the WDSServer was trying to start.