SCCM4EVA

Reinstallation of WDS on SCCM2007

Question

Firtsly, great site anyweb. Your instructions are fantastic, I have several SCCM servers in our environment at present.

However my Primary SCCM Server, the WDS server service wouldn't start. Running this on Windows 2008 Standard

I unsinstalled WDS and have reinstalled however I am unable to 'configure' the WDS server. IT simplay errors after trying to complete.

I selected the same D:\RemoteInstall folder as before and choose respond to any client when configuring

I hadn't removed the PXE Service Point either (I think I should've done this first)

I am wondering what steps to take as have alot of images and packages configured that I have been deploying previously

If you need more information I will give whatever is required

Many thanks in advance

Won't deleting my remoteinstall folder delete all my packages/images etc?

I have successfully reinstalled it now with a new d:\remoteinstall directory. the SMSPXEimages should recreate then?

I have now manually recreated the SMSPXEIMAGES$ folder and SMSPKG folder under that. I have pushed some boot files down from my Central site server.

I am still getting the error: "PXE Control Manager detected PXE service Point is not responding to PXE requests. The error is 16389". Would it be best to remove any packages and re-install the PXE service point component from the SCCM server?

uninstall the pxe service point role, uninstall wds, delete d:\remoteinstall and all thats in it, reboot, reinstall wds, verify if wds is started, if it is, install psp/