sccm_freak

Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Evaluation

hi

if i have the license for SCCM2007 , does this file ConfigMgr07SP2Eval_RTM_ENU.exe do the needful for the installation ,as in microsoft site it says :

Brief Description

Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Evaluation is a full version of the product that is valid for 180 days from the time of installation.

so if i install this version will it ask for putting a license , i want a version that contains by default SP2

plus do the guides in this site apply on SP2 or its only meant for SP1

thanks

dont install the Eval obtain the full SP2 version from MSDN or Technet or your Microsoft TAM,

the guides on this site apply to both sp1 and sp2, what are you trying to do exactly ?

i have a huge deployment man with 6000 users , starting today :D

so i want to have the SP2 integrated already instead of having it separate , and ofcourse i want to deploy windows 7 and windows server 2008 R2 so i must have SP2

btw you will have loads of questions coming :D

if i have a technet plus account that would be ok ?

is this the one : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx

thanks wmm but what about my above questions

1) is the link i provided above the right setup file

2) if i have SP1 already and want to upgrade to SP2 is it a straight forward deployment

3) can i have R2 with SP2 ? if yes then how

thanks

1) yes thats the correct location for SP2 :) there is an integration setup as well for your dvd collection (SCCM 2007 with SP2)

2) yes. follow this link http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1360-updating-sccm-2007-sp2-rc-or-beta-to-sp2-final/

3) yes. just install the R2 pack!