TomF

SCCM 2007 on WinSrv2008/2003

Hey everyone, I have a specific question for you guys and hoping for some quick feedback :)

We are currently running SCCM 2007 SP2 in a all Windows Server 2003 environment. In the summer of 2011 we are moving to all servers Windows Server 2008 (work for an education facility). Due to storage and a long story of how SCCM was introduced into our environment, we are going to be starting again from scratch sooner than that.

I am wondering if it's possible, or would cause any issues, to have the Primary Site installed on a Srv2008 box, and still use our currently Srv2003 boxes as deployment points (after being resetup of course).

Also, from what I've read, am I correct to think the best environment is to have 1 SCCM server with the SQL server, Reporting Services/reporting point role and the site database server role. Then have your Primary Site that has your other roles needed for management?

Please let me know if there will be any issues with the mixed environment, and if my understanding of what the "best practice" setup is is accurate or not. Thanks a ton!