skw

Dell BIOS Version Report

Question

Pulled the following SQL statement directly from Dell's website. It shows me a total count of machines based on the BIOS version. Trying to figure out how to create a drill-down report or create a new report to show me the actual machine names and their BIOS version. It's nice to know that I have 5 machines that are Latitude D820's with BIOS A05, but which machines have A05?

SELECT CompSys.Manufacturer0 as 'OEM', CompSys.model0 as 'Model',BIOS.SMBIOSBIOSVERSION0 as 'BIOSVersion', COUNT(Sys.Resourceid) AS 'TotalSystems'

FROM V_R_System as Sys

LEFT JOIN V_GS_PC_BIOS as BIOS on Sys.resourceid = BIOS.resourceid

LEFT JOIN V_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM as CompSys on Sys.resourceid = CompSys.resourceid

WHERE

CompSys.Manufacturer0 LIKE '%dell%'

AND (CompSys.Model0 LIKE '%optiplex%'

OR CompSys.Model0 LIKE '%latitude%'

OR CompSys.Model0 LIKE '%precision%')

GROUP BY CompSys.Manufacturer0,CompSys.model0, BIOS.SMBIOSBIOSVersion0

ORDER BY CompSys.Model0, BIOS.SMBIOSBIOSVersion0

2 hours ago, xerxes2985 said:

So it seems whatever this particular portion was intending to do, is not needed. 

You would use this for your prompt queries. For SSRS, you would only need the "else" query with a few quick mods.

I see from your screenshot that you have to manually type each item. personally, I would extend this to:

• Prompt for manufacturer name
  • Prompt for model name (use cascading prompt)
  • Prompt for BIOS version (use cascading prompts)

23 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

You would use this for your prompt queries. For SSRS, you would only need the "else" query with a few quick mods.

I see from your screenshot that you have to manually type each item. personally, I would extend this to:

• Prompt for manufacturer name
  • Prompt for model name (use cascading prompt)
  • Prompt for BIOS version (use cascading prompts)

GarthMJ,

Luckily (or not) we only have one manufacturer (Dell). It would be pretty cool to add two cascading prompts for the other options. This is honestly the first SQL report I've tried to build, so it is quite new to me.

But... if you would like to assist, that would be awesome. :)