sccm_freak

PXE-E53: No boot filename received , funny but interesting story :P

Question

hello there

i would like to share this story with you folks as its honestly funny :D

im receiving the following error when i deploy a capture for an OS ( still i didnt deploy for clients , im just capturing at 1st )

trust me i configured EVERYTHING by book starting from WDS going to PXE and ending with computer association

according to LOGS everything IS GREEN in the logs of SCCM and the event viewer is white :D

i have now 2 weird issues

1) where the heck is smspxe.logs located :D , becasue i dont have one , i searched under sms_SAT ( my site code ) then logs and didnt find except pxesetup that shows successfull and pxe.. forgot the name but its not important lol

so where is the logs of SMSPXE ? im using SCCM SP2 R2 !

2) i tried on 3 computers so far with the same error facing PXE-E53: No boot filename received so while i was crying one of those computers were already hosting a CONFIG client ( ofcourse when you associate a task sequence with an exisitng object in a collection we need to shift it to the collection that has the TASK sequence advertised on it , anyway the funny part is when you restart the computer you have the error PXE-E53: No boot filename received but while i was logged in and exactly after 4 mins crying :P i just saw infront of me the logo of SCCM starting to prepare the CAPTURE LOL

any explaination whats going on , now im pretty sure the problem isnt OS deployment nor client , the problem is i think related to DHCP as i couldnt have the change to mark one when i rebooted the clients

any help please :)

thanks

6 answers to this question

1. smspxe.log file is on the server hosting the pxe support point role.

2. start the capture within Windows by kicking off the capture task sequence via the Run Advertised Programs, it can then prestage windows PE and reboot, then capture Vista...

no i did the capture but musnt the capture work before i enter windows even ? as its giving me that error i configured option 66 and option 67 in DHCP and now im receiving a new error

windows boot manager ( my SCCM IP )

file : \boot\bcd

an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data

in smspxe.log its showing ( attached )

any idea please ?

thanks

smspxe.log