matty3021

SCCM Client not discovering site

Question

Hi,

I have SCCM 2007 SP2 installed on Server 2008 R1 with SQL 2008 standard. I have deployed the client using client push to a Windows 7 machine, this works fine, but the machine cannot discover the site. I have done the following so far :_

1. Extended AD Schema

2. Created the System Management container and given the server full control.

3. The server has populated the container

The client log (locationservices)

LSGetSiteVersionFromAD : Failed to retrieve version for the site 'MPC' (0x80004005)

Attempting to retrieve SLPs from AD

Failed to resolve 'SMS_SLP' to IP address from WINS

LSGetSiteVersionFromSLP : Unable to get the list of SLPs

LSVerifySiteVersion: Failed to get Site Version from AD and SLP

The annoying thing is I havent got the role Server Locator Point installed as the Management point is published in AD. Any help would be much appreciated as this is now the last stumbling block (hopefully)

is the firewall on the server ?

Nope, the firewall on the server is also switched off, im really stumped here, I really dont want to reinstall SCCM again as ive spent the last week setting it up to deploy and capture the images and load te software.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the client and had a look in the processes in task manager, the process ccmsetup.exe is running but no sign of the sitecode.

Nope, the firewall on the server is also switched off, im really stumped here, I really dont want to reinstall SCCM again as ive spent the last week setting it up to deploy and capture the images and load te software.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the client and had a look in the processes in task manager, the process ccmsetup.exe is running but no sign of the sitecode.

I have just found this error in clientlocation.log

Setting Assigned Site

Assigning client to site 'MPC'

Unable to verify the sitecode 'MPC', AD schema is not extended or SLP is not present. Cannot continue site assignment.

I have the log file from the extension stating it completed successfully and the server is populating the System Management container fine.

HELP!! :(

I have just found this error in clientlocation.log

Setting Assigned Site

Assigning client to site 'MPC'

Unable to verify the sitecode 'MPC', AD schema is not extended or SLP is not present. Cannot continue site assignment.

I have the log file from the extension stating it completed successfully and the server is populating the System Management container fine.

HELP!! :(

I am having the exact same issue with a similar setup.

Can you advise if you found a resolution?

I'm having the same issue. Just installed SCCM 2012, pushed out the client to a windows 7 x64 machine. Client is not getting the site code.

AD schema has not been extended for now. I've manually tried to install the client as well with the following switches:

CCMSetup.exe /mp:SCCM.STK.PACIFIC.EDU /logon SMSSITECODE=STK SMSSLP=sccm.stk.pacific.edu

Still getting the error and wasted a whole day trying to troubleshoot it.

<![LOG[[CCMHTTP] HTTP ERROR: URL=http://sccm.stk.pacific.edu/sms_slp/slp.dll?site&ad=Stockton&ip=10.9.250.0&ir=10.9.250.183, Port=80, Protocol=http, SSLOptions=224, Code=0, Text=CCM_E_BAD_HTTP_STATUS_CODE]LOG]!><time="15:33:29.665+420" date="09-21-2011" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="3076" file="ccmhttperror.cpp:320">

<![LOG[Raising event:

instance of CCM_CcmHttp_Status

{

DateTime = "20110921223329.681000+000";

HostName = "sccm.stk.pacific.edu";

HRESULT = "0x8004027e";

ProcessID = 2400;

StatusCode = 404;

ThreadID = 3076;

};

]LOG]!><time="15:33:29.681+420" date="09-21-2011" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="3076" file="event.cpp:722">

<![LOG[successfully sent location services HTTP failure message.]LOG]!><time="15:33:29.744+420" date="09-21-2011" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="3076" file="ccmhttperror.cpp:413">

<![LOG[LSGetAssignedSiteFromSLP : No site code returned from SLP]LOG]!><time="15:33:29.744+420" date="09-21-2011" component="LocationServices" context="" type="3" thread="3076" file="lsad.cpp:1759">

im seeing this error in the locationservices log file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just installed SCCM 2012, pushed out the client to a windows 7 x64 machine. Client is not getting the site code.

check your boundary group, click on the properties/references tab

select Use this boundary Group for site assignment and select your site, click apply, try again on the client..

We will not extend the schema because we are still doing a proof of concept for this product and it will be a permanent change.

I didnt have a boundary group setup, did it like you said and still not working.

Any other suggestions?

Any logs you want me to post? Let me know which ones, thanks