Scott

Software Update silent deployment through SCCM

Question

Hi,

We are currently looking at using SCCM to deploy windows updates, however i am having a problem with the updates getting to the clients.

I would like to be able to deploy updates through SCCM, but supress any notifications and reboots - basically so that the end user can continue to work uninterupted. The update packages are set to deploy as soon as possible and the deadline is set 2 weeks in advance, however depsite synchronising the client etc the updates aren't installing.

I know i should enable the notifications in testing so i can see whether anything is happening, but i would like to know whether the desired setup is even possible?

To clarify, I want to pick,download and deploy updates as soon as possible, without notifications to the clients, with supressed reboots. I don't particularily want to wait until the deadline passes, as this will mean that it will reboot the machine on the deadline without warning. Is this possible? How would i go about doing it?

Hopefully this makes sense?

Cheers

Scott

Yeh, i think so... I'll have a look into the possibilities and see which one fits us.

If i do schedule the deployment at say 9pm, but the PC is switched off, does it install the following morning, or will it try daily at 9 until its on at that time?

If my memory serves me correctly, I think that it will install the following morning but that depends on how you have your Maintenance Windows configured. Also in the Deployment Management properties of a deployment on the Schedule tab there is a check box, "Ignore maintenance windows and install immediately at deadline" which could impact this behavior as well.

Dear AnyWeb

I am facing serious Issue regarding deploying software Updates. My clients always facing the Error that shows in WUAHandlor Log

![LOG[Added Update Source ({7ECD7166-9B49-4887-95BF-EB6D2876A5F1}) of content type: 2]LOG]!><time="12:18:25.513+000" date="05-28-2010" component="WUAHandler" context="" type="1" thread="12340" file="sourcemanager.cpp:1381">

<![LOG[Async searching of updates using WUAgent started.]LOG]!><time="12:18:25.545+000" date="05-28-2010" component="WUAHandler" context="" type="1" thread="12340" file="cwuahandler.cpp:587">

<![LOG[Async searching completed.]LOG]!><time="12:18:26.904+000" date="05-28-2010" component="WUAHandler" context="" type="1" thread="12192" file="cwuahandler.cpp:2099">

<![LOG[OnSearchComplete - Failed to end search job. Error = 0x80244018.]LOG]!><time="12:18:26.904+000" date="05-28-2010" component="WUAHandler" context="" type="3" thread="12340" file="cwuahandler.cpp:2966">

<![LOG[scan failed with error = 0x80244018.]LOG]!><time="12:18:26.904+000" date="05-28-2010" component="WUAHandler" context="" type="3" thread="12340" file="cwuahandler.cpp:3223">

I tried to check in many thread but unsuccessfull. Please help me out

Regards

Saad