background

Remove everything reinstall left files on C drive

Question

Hi,
I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 installation on my PC at my APKNite company with ISO made via Media Creation Tool. Because I had different languages as primary before in order to reinstall I had to delete apps. To make it simple I chose to "remove everything".

It went fine and quick, but I found out that it left folders in C:/ drive root. Also, I had a feeling that some drivers were kept (installed so able to choose them from the list). Shouldn't it be all deleted? Not sure how clean my installation really is. I would appreciate some explanation of how it is supposed to work and if it's fine or not. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

This might be because of an unsuccessful clean installation, try this:

• Refresh your PC to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store.
  • Reset your PC to reinstall Windows but delete your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC.
  • Restore your PC to undo recent system changes you've made.

If you're having trouble starting (booting) your PC, see Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode), and go to the “Get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment” section. You can refresh, reset, or restore your PC from the Windows Recovery Environment. If you need more help, try <spam_removed>

Let me know if you got a solution.

Regards,
Jerry M