ise66

Deploying Windows 10x64 with Office 2019x64

Question

I am trying to deploy Windows 10x64 with Office 2019x64 with MDT then import it into SCCM. I have it working with Office 2013x86 and Office 2016x86 but when I try to deploy Office 2019x64 I get "

Windows Could Not parse or process unattend answer file for pass [specialize]

Thanks,

Rick.

8 answers to this question

you need to grab a copy of the unattend.xml that is created in c:\windows\panther\unattend just before the computer reboots

attach it here and we'll see what's wrong with it...

ok so here's the pass where it's failing, if you remove this section entirely

-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment">

-<RunSynchronous>

-<RunSynchronousCommand>

<Order>1</Order>

<Description>disable user account page</Description>

<Path>reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\OOBE /v UnattendCreatedUser /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f</Path>

</RunSynchronousCommand>

</RunSynchronous>

</component>

and then figure out why your product key is not being populated in your %OSDProductKey% variable then i think you'll make progress...

yes i get that, but the error reveals the section that's causing your problem, and it's in the Specialize section of the unattend.xml, so some component in there is causing your issue, keep pulling bits out (either manually before it reboots into windows setup) or on the server itself and update the new xml to your dp's before testing again

Hello so I did more troubleshooting and if I put my 1903 build from MDT server in my development sccm task sequence it fails with the specialize part of the unattend but if I put it in the Pilot sccm task sequence that my former co-worker created and it works fine so the problem must be with my task sequence.

Thanks.

perhaps as the task sequence itself can have steps which add/change those sections in the unattend.xml file,

so again, look at what's in the specialize section and figure out which of those settings is causing it to fail, once you've identified it, then figure out what section of the task sequence is settings those values.