KevinD

how can I create a collection that targets only computers under a specific OU?

Question

Dear Anyweb,

I'm new to SCCm and I'm finding your articles very helpful, thanks:) One questions...

How can I create the various collection? For example how can I create a collection that targets only computers under a specific OU?

Thanks

Kevin

2 answers to this question

hi Kevin

welcome to the forums,

I've had to edit your post, create a new topic in the right area, move your post to the new topic, so please in future don't randomly raise a new question on an active post unless it actually relates to the post in question

back to your question though, and here you go

creating collections based on AD security groups

Dear Anyweb,

I'm new to SCCm and I'm finding your articles very helpful, thanks:) One questions...

How can I create the various collection? For example how can I create a collection that targets only computers under a specific OU?

Thanks

Kevin

Creation of collection can be done in two ways like direct membership /Querybased (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694209.aspx)

Create a new collection ,select querybased rule and go to criteria .Select new Criteria ,type:simple ,attribute class:ssystem Resource and attribute type :System OU Name
value should be equal to AD OU which you are looking for.

Here is a simple collection that you can taget only to Specific OU :
select SMS_R_System.ResourceID,SMS_R_System.ResourceType,SMS_R_System.Name,SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_System.Client from SMS_R_System where SystemOUName = "[b]eskon.com/Workstation/XP[/b]"