Tomcat1991

SPDIF problem in windows 7

Question

Hello all,

I've got a really annoying problem w/ windows 7 regarding the coaxial SPDIF output on my onboard mobo.

the situation is the following: i've got a logitech Z 5500 speakerset and I want to connect this to my PC using a coaxial S/PDIF connection

because the optical input on the receiver is already in use.

In the beginning everything worked fine until I took my pc on a "road trip", I took it to a friend's place to a lan party. There, I configured my configuration panel to send the audio through my headphone jack instead of the coaxial S/PDIF output jack (I set the front panel as default output). when I returned home I wanted to reset the output to the coaxial interface but no sound came out. If I configure my pc to output the sound to any other output, they all work, only the coaxial S/PDIF refuses to work. I've tried about everything in my power: from configuring AC3-filter to pass S/PDIF sound through to reïnstalling the drivers, downloading the latest drivers from the realtek website. my PC's specs are:

Intel core i7, 920

ASUS P6T deluxe MB

9 Gb RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

if ANYONE knows any sort of fix I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

1 answer to this question

Dear Tomcat1991,

Please open your computer and verify that the Coaxial is not damaged. Happen to me, was working, then simply from moving the computer from my Office to a other office resulted in my Coaxial not working anymore.

Please let us know how this works out.

Kosinas

PS: Sorry for my poor English.