SamSep

Get internet and sharing

I'm configuring the PKI Tier 2. If i don't want to use the linux port forwarder. What do i have to do for internet sharing? what about the IP configuration on other VM's?

Would you be kind to help me. I can't go further for now.

cheers,

Sam

Edited by SamSep

to setup smoothwall download the iso from here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smoothwall/files/SmoothWall/3.1/Express-3.1-i586.iso/download

the smoothwall vm must be Generation 1, with 2 Legacy NICS, setup smoothwall as GREEN+RED

one nic goes to the internet (RED) the other to your internal lab network (GREEN)

try it and if you get stuck post back here.

9 minutes ago, anyweb said:

to setup smoothwall download the iso from here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smoothwall/files/SmoothWall/3.1/Express-3.1-i586.iso/download

the smoothwall vm must be Generation 1, with 2 Legacy NICS, setup smoothwall as GREEN+RED

one nic goes to the internet (RED) the other to your internal lab network (GREEN)

try it and if you get stuck post back here.

That's the problem, i dont know how to do it. First i ran the powershell and asked me about the virtual switch. I choose x11 and generation 2.

after this i uploaded the iso and but the software will not shown. I think i have to do more then this, please explain me how to do it step by step.

What do i have to do exactly in hyper v. Thanks very much for your response.

smoothwall.PNG

the smoothwall must be in legacy mode, that one is Generation 2, legacy=generation 1.

create a new vm, generation 1... with 2 Legacy network adapters.

you can add one manually after it's done creating the vm.

29 minutes ago, anyweb said:

the smoothwall must be in legacy mode, that one is Generation 2, legacy=generation 1.

I Have created a new vm manually. I have chosen for legacy network adapter, and in hyper v choose for new virtual switch (that's my internet that goes outside.) what must i do now, how do i have to configure the virtual switch #11? or are these steps not correct? is it not easier to work without smoothwall? 

smoothwall2.PNG

smoothwall3.PNG

34 minutes ago, anyweb said:

i think it works now, but asks me for smoothwall login

1 hour ago, anyweb said:

the smoothwall must have 2 (two) legacy network adapters, your's has one...

I've installed the smoothwall, and also configured one nic with the ip address that you wrote and the other one with ip address 0.0.0.0 and network mask 0.0.0.0 and my default gateway. is this correct so far? after that i have chosen admin as a login name with your default password. but now the smoothwall will not login and asks me all the time for login.

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

smoothwall5.PNG