Ramesha Javaregowda

I am unable to attach or join CAS server to an existing stand-alone primary sites server.

I am unable to attach or join CAS server to an existing stand-along primary sites server. When I looked into the ConfigMgrSetup.log the error as shown below.

"ERROR: Primary site has authentication level configured. Please contact Microsoft support to resolve the issue.

ERROR: Primary site has authentication level configured. Please contact Microsoft support to resolve the issue".

I tried by providing full control permission to the account but still this error remains same and unable to join the CAS server to an existing Hierarchy. Also I had looked into SQL server error log file and error as shown below.

""2020-03-26 21:38:09.99 Logon       Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.
2020-03-26 13:24:20.01 Logon       Login failed for user 'RAMESHTESTLAB\Administrator'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'CM_CAS'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]""

concurrently I have been trying to resolve this issue since last 3 days but I am not succeed. Could some one help here please? For reference I have attached both SQL Server Error.log and ConfigMgrSetup.log.

ConfigMgrSetup.log ERRORLOG

Edited by Ramesha Javaregowda

It is possible, but your error clearly state that you need to contact MS support to solve this issue. If this for a test lab IMO there is no benefit to having a CAS as it just take up resources on your VM server add headache due to replication issues, etc. Those same resources could be used for other links like, clients or remote WSUS or remote SQL, etc. All of which is better use of resources than a CAS.