paulopires16

SCCM Installation manual

Dear all

I want a full installation manual in a Windows Server 2016 (SCCM Server) with SQL Server 2016 (SQL Server).

Already install SCCM Instance in a SQL Server 2016 (SQL Server). Just need the SCCM Server with prerequisites included.

I realize that SCCM installation requires a WSUS installation. I already have a WSUS Server installation VM, can I use that one?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, paulopires16 said:

I know how to do it. anyweb I'll check you manuals, thanks

My question remains, what is the best approach? Internal WSUS or uses that WSUS Server?

Thanks

Start with a Clean WSUS server using full SQL server. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks GarthMJ for your answer.

If we want a clean installation for SCCM, I agree with you, but for SysAdmin point of view they will need do update 2 WSUS instances, the WSUS Server and SCCM Server with WSUS service included inside. The database in this both option will be always SQL Server.

So, GarthMJ what will be the issues if I just install WSUS feature in  SCCM Server and then, on WSUS configuration, connect to that same SUSDB database already installed for WSUS server?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, paulopires16 said:

So, GarthMJ what will be the issues if I just install WSUS feature in  SCCM Server and then, on WSUS configuration, connect to that same SUSDB database already installed for WSUS server?

This will not be supported and you WILL have problem when you manage WSUS outside of SCCM for non-SCCM computer. 

There is NO problem having WSUS installed on the CM server with its own clean db. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks GarthMJ,

The only problem if manage 2 WSUS services on the same domain...

So, for you, what is the best approach? My domain isn't connected to the internet.

• Forget that WSUS Server and install all updates clients from SCCM Server (WSUS inside)?
  • Maintain that WSUS Server and add SCCM Server as a client for updates?
  • Updates both Server from internet?

Thanks

2 hours ago, paulopires16 said:

Thanks GarthMJ,

The only problem if manage 2 WSUS services on the same domain...

So, for you, what is the best approach? My domain isn't connected to the internet.

• Forget that WSUS Server and install all updates clients from SCCM Server (WSUS inside)?
  • Maintain that WSUS Server and add SCCM Server as a client for updates?
  • Updates both Server from internet?

Thanks

This is very important details that was missing from your first post. 

How exactly are you updating your existing WSUS server now? 

Why exactly do you not want to use CM to deploy all SU to all computers? aka why have the second WSUS on the internal network at all?