paulopires16

SCCM Installation manual

1 hour ago, GarthMJ said:

This is very important details that was missing from your first post. 

How exactly are you updating your existing WSUS server now? 

Why exactly do you not want to use CM to deploy all SU to all computers? aka why have the second WSUS on the internal network at all? 

First question: Pen drive

Second question: I want to use SCCM services but I want to just update one WSUS ;)

57 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

You need to give more details. Pen drive of exactly data what data?

What is the other WSUS server used for, exactly? 

GarthMJ, that WSUS is not my area, it's SysAdmin. I see them with a pen drive with update patches that put inside to update all other servers and workstations...

I'm DBA and we need to change SQL Server VM with our instances. For example, one instance for that WSUS with SUSDB database and other instance for SCCM instance with also SUSDB database. I want to optimize that environment. I see 2 SUSDB... :( Different instances, but why? Why not just one? That's the idea

Thanks

26 minutes ago, paulopires16 said:

GarthMJ, that WSUS is not my area, it's SysAdmin. I see them with a pen drive with update patches that put inside to update all other servers and workstations...

I'm DBA and we need to change SQL Server VM with our instances. For example, one instance for that WSUS with SUSDB database and other instance for SCCM instance with also SUSDB database. I want to optimize that environment. I see 2 SUSDB... :( Different instances, but why? Why not just one? That's the idea

Thanks

To answer your questions directly about one or two SQL instances for WSUS. Is that it will cause conflicts between the two WSUS Servers if they share a db. Aka if some deploys an software update (SU) on WSUS, it will get installed on CM clients too (outside of CM control).  From the CM standpoint, CM will change that products and classifications existing within WSUS, including declining SU too.  Thereby stopping any WSU deployment of that SU. 

• Thanks 1