SHASHIDUBEY01

SCCM packages are Failing to distribute on a Newly Setup DP

Hello Everyone,

I hope this email finds you well and safe!!

I need your help in sorting an issue that I am stuck with.We have recently installed a new MP due to client need and requirements but it's been three days and not a single package got distributed to it successfully. Even the smallest package of the size around 50 MB is failing to be distributed.

I have checked the logs and it says the content could not add the content to content LIB in SMSDPPROV and I have exhausted all my option and hoping to find some assistance from the best website there is for all SCCM related issue queries.

I am attaching the log so kindly assist. Would be grateful for your assistance.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

SMSProv.log distmgr.lo_ PkgXferMgr.lo_

Dear Sir,

Thanks a a lot for taking out your precious time to look at my query and I am a big fan of all of your article!!

Yes I did check that and the issue that I am battling with is not with the highlighted DP but the one named "\\US-HP-CMDP-P01" this is a newly set up DP as the client wanted to get rid of the latency encountered during the reimagine of the device.but till now we haven't been able to figure out why the content isn't going to this DP . if you look at the PkgXferMgr log it tells something like failed to add content file ...... error 0x80004005 and also at SMSDPPROV it tells "failed to add the content to the DP.

we did n't have the MP role installed on this site server and for that we have used a fallback for the different site server. The devices too are failed to PXE boot on this location since the time it has been set up. we have even routed the traffic for the DP and MP both from this DP but have been having tremendous difficulty to get this working. While the other site server remains the issue how could I find out what is the problem with this DP and why the contestant aren't getting distributed.

Since you are one of the best for SCCM out there online I need your valuable advise in moving ahead with this .

Thanking a lot again for your time and hoping to hear back soon.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

you need to provide more detail about this distribution point, was it ever working ? have you tried to reinstall the DP role on this server ? you mention 'during the reimage of the device' what do you mean by that ?

• Like 1

Dear Sir,

this is a newly set up distribution for locally for speeding up the production machine reimage process which is used to reimage the device using PXE and this DP is set up to provide the content to all the machine of this boundary to avoid latency or network bandwidth consumption. And yes we have not been able to get this DP working right from the moment we have got it online.

We haven't tried to reinstall the role cause some of the small packages gets distributed but most of them and specially the one with the bigger size aren/t able to get distributed at all.

I mean "reimagine the device" as this distribution point that was designed to provide the content to the device of designed boundary at the time of network boot using PXE which we have been failing to do for days.

overtime we try to reimage this device using PXE with the Help of this boundary group assigned DP we get the error as attach in the screenshot.and it doesn't even happen with only this package but other packages too.

Hope to get the reason for this error message and how to overcome it. Thanking in advance.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

IMG_6839.jpg

are all packages failing to get to the dp ? or only some packages ? i'm confused about you mentioning PXe, what has that to do with packages getting to the dp, you need to fix the packages getting to the dp first and then concentrate on your other issues

• Like 1

Dear Sir,

I use the word PXE considering this is a PXE responding distribution point and was set up specificially on client request to help sort out the WAN consumption to get a device reimaged but yes you are right considering my biggest issue is that packages are not being picked up during OSD from this distribution point to the destination machine.

As answer to the first part, Yes, pretty much all the packages are failing to get distributed to this DP leaving 1 or 2 lucky ones with small size but the bigger one are definitely failing to get distributed. We have zero idea cause we looked everywhere and didn't find anything conclusive regarding the proper way of troubleshooting.

Does it has something to do with IIS certificate or DP itself I guess you could just help me proceed in the right way towards findings the root cause of it.

Waiting for your reply and further instructions.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey