GauiC

Enable BitLocker before applying OS

Question

Hi,

I am currently deploying Windows 7 and enabling Bitlocker is one of the last step of my task sequence, so one of my issues is that after the OSD the computer will be encrypting for a few hours. I have heard that it would be better to enable bitlocker before applying the OS itself, has anyone done that and if so what would be the procedure for that? (and should that shorten the time it takes to enable bitlocker on each machine?)

GauiC

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I am currently deploying Windows 7 and enabling Bitlocker is one of the last step of my task sequence, so one of my issues is that after the OSD the computer will be encrypting for a few hours. I have heard that it would be better to enable bitlocker before applying the OS itself, has anyone done that and if so what would be the procedure for that? (and should that shorten the time it takes to enable bitlocker on each machine?)

GauiC

Ni, It will not possible to encrypt drive before applying OS. It will not allow to apply OS after drive get encrypted.

Nilesh