BHuenke

BitLocker - Drives not Encrypting, No errors

I am running ConfigMgr CB 2002.  I have installed and configured the BitLocker Management feature and created a BitLocker Management policy.  My test client machine is getting the policy and has installed the MDOP MBAM client software.  The drives are not encrypting, even with the registry keys to enforce encryption as outlined in the videos.  There are no error messages in Event Viewer or the C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\BitLocker*.log files.  It is just not doing anything.  The ConfigMgr Properties shows both the Management Policy and the enforcement as Compliant.

Any ideas or suggestions?

are you rdp'ing to the computer you are monitoring ? if so, disconnect and let it do it's thing for a bit before reconnecting

or, do you have a CD in the drive ? it won't encrypt if you do...

I've just encountered a similar issue. Went through all the SCCM configuration. Set up the policy. Deployed it. Everything looked good, but encryption just wouldn't start. I ended up revisiting some old MBAM documentation, which required the following registry DWORD to be created:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MBAM

Create DWORD called NoStartupDelay

Set the value to 1

Restart the SMS Client service, and the bitlocker service. Encryption immediately started.

2 hours ago, Jamin79 said:

I've just encountered a similar issue. Went through all the SCCM configuration. Set up the policy. Deployed it. Everything looked good, but encryption just wouldn't start. I ended up revisiting some old MBAM documentation, which required the following registry DWORD to be created:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MBAM

Create DWORD called NoStartupDelay

Set the value to 1

Restart the SMS Client service, and the bitlocker service. Encryption immediately started.

I tried this.  There was no change.

• Like 1