Peter33

Delivery Optimization & Windows 10 Time Service

Hi fellow ConfigManager-Admins,

after testing the Delivery Optimization option in Config Manager 19010/2002 for the last 2 month  at one of our locations, i stumbled across this very strange and annoying behavior on our Windows 10 clients.

As soon as you apply the setting to activate Delivery Optimization on the client the W32time service gets reconfigured to sync each and every minute with the configured time server. I'm not sure if that's the intended setting or just an oversight of the development team.

The event log gets flooded with tons of entries and the domain controller bombarded with sync requests.

Can someone verify this behavior?

So long

Peter

timesvc01.jpg

timesvc02.jpg

timesvc03.jpg

timesvc04.jpg

ok I got a reply and this is it..(in relation to your screenshots)

Those just say a configuration happened due to a network or network topology change. DO does not do this and is unrelated to the network or its topology. Also, as noted, DO is enabled on Win 10 systems regardless of whether ConfigMgr is configuring the download mode or not.

the advice was that you should raise a support request with PSS and see what they advise, if you want me to push it forward then pm me the case number

cheers

niall

Thanks for your efforts Niall. I'll contact out TAM next week to open a new support request. They usually get back to us rather quickly, but I'm not sure what impact the current situation has on their workload.

So long

Peter