Deepak Verma

BitLocker configuration in SCCM v2002

Team,

Did anybody tried Standalone Bitlocker configuration in SCCM 2002 . There are hardly any guide available on Internet.

Kindly share your thoughts & observations..

I am trying to configure in my Hyper V Lab  with Gen1 VM. Client did get the MBAM agent installed but the policy was not applied the way...it was configured into the console.

Thanks

A Gen1 VM won't encrypt, as you can't add a Virtual TPM to Gen1 hyperv virtual machines. Use a Gen 2 VM instead and enable the virtual TPM.

if you follow my guides here you'll be fine, CM2002 just offers more possibilities including the ability to properly enforce encryption without the workaround i posted for CM1910

https://www.niallbrady.com/2019/11/13/want-to-learn-about-the-new-bitlocker-management-in-microsoft-endpoint-manager-configuration-manager/

if you run into an issue please let me know

Hi,
I created a Gen 2 Hyper V  virtual machine with Windows 1o v1909 . 

Recreated the MBAM policy on my SCCM TP 2002 console.

MBAM agent was successfully installed.  But the Policy is not working just the way it was configured....

Also, to my surprise , even before Encryption starts , The Control Panel Applet shows as Bitlocker - Complaint.

Attached is the log file for reference.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

BitlockerManagement_GroupPolicyHandler.log

all the configuration manager baseline is showing as compliant is the settings, this means it has set those settings (in the registry and local group policy) and therefore it has done it's job, that's why it's compliant, the actual encryption is carried out on demand by the MDOP agent based on the settings you've configured.

Is there a Virtual TPM in this virtual machine (look in device manager to confirm it's presence) ?