torbuck

Device Based Activation Greyed Out - Creating an Office 2019 Package using the Office 365 Installer

Greetings all

I am wishing to create a Office 2019 package using the SCCM Office 365 Installer. Going through the menus in the Office Installer GUI, I have selected Office Professional Plus 2019 - Volume License as the product. Once I get to the Licensing and Activation part, I enable to automatically accept the EULA, select the KMS Client Key radio button option, and then under Product Activation, I am only presented with User Based activation. Since this will be used for clients that will not have a E3 or E5 Office 365 license, I wish to select Device Based activation, however that option is greyed out for some reason.

Any idea why I cannot select Device Based activation through the Office 365 installer for Office 2019? If I can select Office Professional Plus 2019 - Volume License, I would assume that User Based Activation would be greyed out and not Device Based. 

I am using MS Endpoint Configuration Manager Version 1910

Thanks for any feedback on this!

sccm.jpg