JBudd

The extended attributes are inconsistnet

I am running into an extremely odd issue. I have several task sequences that are failing to apply image during OSD. When I check the smstslog I see the following error "Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System. Error 255"

I can find no mention of error 255 anywhere on the internet. When I check the status messages for the deployment ID I see the following:

"The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Apply Operating System) in the group (Install Operating System) with the error code 255
Action output: ... 
Downloading file /SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/P0100051/sccm?/Windows%2010%202019%20LTSC_REF2020.wim range 6442450941-7214257158
Downloaded file from http://SVD-SCCM.WCPS.K12.VA.US:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/P0100051/sccm?/Windows%2010%202019%20LTSC_REF2020.wim to C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100051\Windows 10 2019 LTSC_REF2020.wim 
VerifyContentHash: Hash algorithm is 32780
Content successfully downloaded at C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100051.
Opening image file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100051\Windows 10 2019 LTSC_REF2020.wim
Image file P0100051 version "" will be applied
Starting to apply image 1 from Windows 10 2019 LTSC_REF2020.wim to C:Wiping C:Set "C:\_SMSTaskSequence" to not be wiped
Set "%OSDStateStorePath%" to not be wiped
Set "%_SMSTSClientCache%" to not be wiped
Set "%_SMSTSNewClientCachePathToCleanup%" to not be wiped
Skipping C:\_SMSTaskSequence for wipe
Calculating expected free space.
Reporting deletion progress.
Successfully wiped C:Applying image to C:Applying image 1. The operating system reported error 255: The extended attributes are inconsistent. 

I have tried redistributing the image and I still get the same issue. I was able to successfully deploy the image to a VM bu when I try on a physical PC I get the failure. I have tested on two different pieces of hardware.  Thanks for the help!

smsts.log

It seems to be an issue with my boot image. I recently upgraded my boot images they were version 10.0.17763.1 I upgraded them to version 10.0.19041.1. If I replace the new boot image with the old one the task sequence runs fine. I'm guessing my new boot images must be missing a driver??