MRaybone

OSD Error 0x80070570

Question

Hi guys,

Just as I thought OSD was going to go smoothly and without a problem, this rears its head just as my build and capture task sequence tries to run. Quite frankly, I have no idea what to do about it, and I'm hoping some of you here have seen it before...

I boot off my boot media, the appropriate Task Sequence is detected, it works through the Policies and downloads the Windows Preinstallation Environment. Then it says "Failed to Run Task Sequence, gives the error 0x80070570, and is finished. I get the following from the system's SMSTS.LOG:

Found boot image \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\boot.CEN0010E.wim

Copying boot image locally...

Opening image file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\sources\boot.wim

Applying image 1 to volume C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE

WIM retry: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\WIMD82F.tmp

hVolumeImage = WIMLoadImage( m_hImageFile, iImageIndex ), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\wimfile.cpp,504)

Unable to load volume image 1 (0x80070570)

BootImage.ApplyVolumeImage( iBootImage, pszDestination, &saExtractFiles), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\bootimage.cpp,1278)

Closing image file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\sources\boot.wim

BootImage::ExtractBootFiles(sImageDestPath, sLocalDataPath), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\bootimage.cpp,718)

Unable to extract all files needed to boot the boot image.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Error: 80070570; Source: Windows)

Entering ReleaseSource() for \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\

reference count 1 for the source \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\ before releasing

Released the resolved source \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\

TS::Boot::BootImage::StageBootImage( pAssociatedWinPE->GetPackageID(), TsBootProgress, pv, hCancelEvent), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmbootstrap\tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp,1850)

Failed to stage WinPE. Code(0x80070570)

Any ideas, because I don't know where to start? :mellow:

Cheers,

MRaybone.

5 answers to this question

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Error: 80070570; Source: Windows) <-- is interesting,

what boot media are you using ? tell me how you created it and have you tried to create something else ?

what hardware are you trying to deploy to exactly ?

I followed your Deploy Vista SP1 guide to create the boot image and apply a custom background to it. I created bootable media using the same boot image because we already have a PXE server here so cannot use SCCM's PXE Service. And I'm using an HP nc6120 laptop to perform the Capture & Deploy task on.

I noticed that because of some partition weirdness on the laptop that the SMSTS.log was extracting to D:\ so I threw on a standard XP Ghost image to clean up all the paritions and sorted that problem but the original 80070570 error persisted.

I'm in the process of wiping the boot images and re-creating them to see if that helps.

New boot images created in exactly the same way as before and... it appears to be working. It's past where it got to before and it's now running through the disk actions. Weird.

P.S. And I forgot to enable Quick Format in the TS so it's taking bloody ages! :angry:

i would do the build and capture on virtual machines, use vmware or hyperv, both will make your job much easier, trust me