Hi,

We have this behavior when upgrading the Config Manager client and i'm just curious if someone recognizes it and dealt with it before. 

This is what happens;

After a Client upgrade of the Config Manager client to 1910 some desktops fall into sleep mode, they shouldn't because their powersettings are set with Collection based power scheme. If you reboot the device everthing works again.

With the upgrade to 1810 i noticed something similiar, client temporary unaware of settings, with surpressed reboots for workstations on the Deployment of Software Updates. These devices had pending reboots and rebooted directly after the upgrade of the client. It was not supressed at that time.

The upgrade of the client is done via the build in Pre-production Client Deployment collection.  I'm now thinking of another approach next time. Create a custom deployment of the CCM client with triggered communication between client and server. But you'd expect this as something default...

Is there a way to prevent this?