lalajee

Install Offline Language Pack on Windows 10 1909

Question

Hi,

How can I install a language packs on windows 10 1909 using PowerShell offline? These machines do not have access to Microsoft stores to download the language pack online.

What files are needed from the FOD?
how do I find which files belong to language pack and which files are for something else?

I need around 16 different languages

I already download the FOD but everything is in one folder. I try to install the Client_de cab but that doesnt install all other features like, keyboard, speech

We have more then 4000 machine to do this on, I will be using sccm to do this but need to make sure all of the languages and script are avaiable locally so this can be done off the network including VPN users

My issue is that we have 1809 machine which we need to upgade to 1909 using feature update. Most of the machine we have has a language pack installed for a users.

When we updated 1809 to 1909 these languages are missing becasue these machine dont have internet access to download the language packs.

Issue is with existing machine not the freash build as our freash build is working fine.

they key to getting this to work in your environment is to read my blog post, it reveals how i solved it, and you can adapt that to your environment.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, anyweb said:

Thank you for the blog.

I was looking for a feature upgrade with all of the languages back which are already installed. Do you know how I can achive that

anything is possible you just need to think and then come up with a solution.

this solution will detect the installed language pack, and you could use that detection method and expand it to work in your environment

https://www.niallbrady.com/2016/05/17/introducing-the-windows-10-uefi-bitlocker-frontend-for-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch