lalajee

Install Offline Language Pack on Windows 10 1909

Question

Hi,

How can I install a language packs on windows 10 1909 using PowerShell offline? These machines do not have access to Microsoft stores to download the language pack online.

What files are needed from the FOD?
how do I find which files belong to language pack and which files are for something else?

I need around 16 different languages

I already download the FOD but everything is in one folder. I try to install the Client_de cab but that doesnt install all other features like, keyboard, speech

We have more then 4000 machine to do this on, I will be using sccm to do this but need to make sure all of the languages and script are avaiable locally so this can be done off the network including VPN users

I've done it (via a task sequence), and have it working perfectly both for language packs and the associated keyboard settings, I was planning on blogging it, thanks for reminding me

Will it be like, It detect the languages and then copy the languages to user machine which are only required and when feature updates is recived it will install it.

One other thing we have is that we have mutliple user logging into system but each one has different language setup for example I will have english as my display language but someone on same machine will have franch

the way I implemented it was based on detection of location via a dynamic variables in the task sequence, you could base it on many things such as dhcp ip address, collection variable, computer variable(s) etc, then in the task sequence apply both the english lp+fods + the additional language pack+fods, it took quite a bit of work but i have it running smoothly now, i'll implement it in my lab over the next day or so and blog it.

I'm not doing a feature upgrade, i'm installing an os fresh and including 2 language packs+regional settings as part of that, and it's that part you are interested in right ?

looks like I have it working in my lab now, blog post coming soon 🙂

Swedish Language pack installed (and all the other bits needed)

image.png

Swedish regional settings set

image.png

image.png