Joe20123

SCCM Scheduled deployments not installing when scheduled

I am new to SCCM and my agent and most other things are set to default. I can install an app from software center but if i schedule it to deploy at 9:30 am and the installation is asap or 9:40 the installation just randomly installs when ever. sometimes hours later. I don't have a maintenance window setup for my collections. I am trying this with installing chrome.

Any Help would be appreciated.

You can kick off a machine policy refresh as well as an app deployment refresh which will cause things to install quickly. These are done from the client. You can also add right-click tools to the console so you can rt-click on the device or device collection and start these 2 cycles. Start-type cont - select control panel - view - small icons - configuration manager.

image.png.ea4fc3396a5e8639246e2427437e8339.png

20 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Thank you.  I did that but I wont be able to do that for the entire org.  I think i have an idea on what could be causing it.  I was setting the push to deploy 20 minutes after i created the deploy.  my policy updates every hour so i have created a deployment for it to deploy an hour from the time i create it.  should i make the available time the same as the deadline time? should i even use the pre deploy option?

I think i got it working, It looks like the problem was 
- me
- pushing the app before the policy updated so i changed it to 30 minutes
- setting the available time and deadline the same.  this changes it to asap
- not using client time

The monitoring also looks like its updating sooner.  probably me and the policy update time.