sweety_devil

Change default location of new Outlook profiles

Question

Hi,

We will deploy Outlook 2007 soon.

We created a package with OCT and SCCM.

We have used "forcePSTpath" to open directly an outlook data file where we want and it is working fine.

But we have a problem, we can't change the default location of the archives.

By default when we click on archives, the path is "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook". We wanted to change to "M:\" for all new profiles.

post-3757-1275384996259_thumb.gif

We know there is a key "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046]" we can change to do that but just for the active user and not for a default configuration.

Can you help me ?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Hi,

We will deploy Outlook 2007 soon.

We created a package with OCT and SCCM.

We have used "forcePSTpath" to open directly an outlook data file where we want and it is working fine.

But we have a problem, we can't change the default location of the archives.

By default when we click on archives, the path is "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook". We wanted to change to "M:\" for all new profiles.

post-3757-1275384996259_thumb.gif

We know there is a key "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046]" we can change to do that but just for the active user and not for a default configuration.

Can you help me ?

Thank you.

Maybe under [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\ ?

Hmm i guess not since the profilename is different everytime right?

You are going to use multiple users on the same pc?

I dont have Outlook deployed on our company but check these two links and let me know if it helps...

http://www.techimo.com/forum/applications-operating-systems/33124-default-location-outlook-pst-file.html

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179062.aspx

Yes the problem is on each pc we will use the name of the user.

Actually the problem is when we create a mail profile, the patch for archive is C:\documents and settings ...

What I want to change is when a new profile is created the path shoul be M:\archives.pst and not C:\documents and settings ...\archive.pst.

So how I change the default configuration of the creation of a profile in windows messaging ?

Thank you.