Hello, comrades!

I've created the report "Products from .exe files"- and it's working in a strange way.

I.e. I'm looking for SW product '222'. OK, I find it on computers "aaa", "bbb", 'ccc'. Particulary, i find this file at '\\bbb\d$\install\222'.

But on computer 'bbb' drive D have been changed a month ago and there the directory 'd:\Install' not exists at all.

Is there a chance that "Software Inventory" are put to some kind of cache? Any ways do drop the cache?

Thank you in advance!

----------------------------------------------

Script looks like this:

-------------------------------------------------

SELECT DISTINCT

SYS.Netbios_Name0, RIGHT(v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE.TopConsoleUser0, LEN(v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE.TopConsoleUser0) - 9) AS PrimaryUser, SP.CompanyName, SP.ProductName,

MAX(SP.ProductVersion) AS ProductVersion, v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.IPAddress0 AS IPAddress, v_GS_SoftwareFile.FileName, v_GS_SoftwareFile.FileDescription,

v_GS_SoftwareFile.FilePath, v_GS_LastSoftwareScan.LastScanDate

FROM            v_GS_SoftwareProduct AS SP INNER JOIN

v_R_System AS SYS ON SP.ResourceID = SYS.ResourceID LEFT OUTER JOIN

v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE ON SYS.ResourceID = v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE.ResourceID INNER JOIN

v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM ON v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SYS.ResourceID INNER JOIN

v_FullCollectionMembership AS fcm ON fcm.ResourceID = SYS.ResourceID INNER JOIN

v_Collection AS Coll ON Coll.CollectionID = fcm.CollectionID AND Coll.Name = 'All Workstations' INNER JOIN

v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION ON SYS.ResourceID = v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.ResourceID INNER JOIN

v_GS_SoftwareFile ON SP.ProductID = v_GS_SoftwareFile.ProductId INNER JOIN

v_GS_LastSoftwareScan ON SYS.ResourceID = v_GS_LastSoftwareScan.ResourceID

WHERE        (SP.CompanyName LIKE '%222%') AND (v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.IPAddress0 IS NOT NULL)

GROUP BY SYS.Netbios_Name0, RIGHT(v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE.TopConsoleUser0, LEN(v_GS_SYSTEM_CONSOLE_USAGE.TopConsoleUser0) - 9), SP.CompanyName, SP.ProductName,

v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION.IPAddress0, v_GS_SoftwareFile.FileName, v_GS_SoftwareFile.FileDescription, v_GS_SoftwareFile.FilePath, v_GS_LastSoftwareScan.LastScanDate

The important thing to remember about SW inventory is if the computer hits the 4 hour timeout NO results are sent to CM and stale data will continue to existing within the CM db. You will need to review the inventory agent.log to confirm that it is hitting the 4 hour timeout. 

This is one of the reason why SW inventory is useless.