FSiglmueller

After changing the SQL Server the MECM integrated Bitlocker won't show any recovery key in the Helpdesk Portal

Hi All !

I have migrated my SQL DB to another Server.
After that move the MECM Bitlocker Helpdesk Portal (Webportal) shows no recovery key for any system.

When I have a look to the database, there are all entries inside (encrypted). How can I go on to get it working with the helpdesk Portal ?
I urgently need the keys, because at the moment I am not able to solve any bitlocker issues for my systems.

The whole MECM environment is in HTTPS mode only (if this is helpful).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

have you tried to reinstall the helpdesk webportal as it's more than likely still tied to your original SQL server setup, here's the command line I used in my labs

.\MBAMWebSiteInstaller.ps1 -SqlServerName cm01.windowsnoob.lab.local -SqlInstanceName MSSQLSERVER -SqlDatabaseName CM_P01 -ReportWebServiceUrl http://cm01.windowsnoob.lab.local/Reportserver -HelpdeskUsersGroupName "windowsnoob\MBAM_HD" -HelpdeskAdminsGroupName "windowsnoob\MBAM_HD_Adv" -MbamReportUsersGroupName "windowsnoob\MBAM_HD_Report" -SiteInstall Both

that would be the first thing i'd do, uninstall your current help desk (as you've moved SQL) and then reinstall the helpdesk portal pointing to the new SQL server

did you get any errors when you installed the helpdesk using the powershell script ? are your helpdesk users that you use to retrieve keys correctly setup ?

i mean are the users you are using to login to the helpdesk in the appropriate active directory groups specified in the powershell arguments

Hi All !

Today I checked it and found out, that the keys were not uploaded to the MECM database.
But I don't no why. First I checked the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\FVE" for the EnableEncryptionKey (without the XTS) but we only have there the keys for the XTS.

Any ideas whats going on here ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards