GBlp

Hello from Indiana!

Hello!  I have been "managing" our networks for a while, and have co-existed with SCCM, but am not very well acquainted with the beast.

Recently I've been asked to build up a Distribution Point server for one of our larger middle schools and am looking for a good solid reference guide or

site on how to do this.  I hope this doesn't come off poorly, I recognize its capability but have not had to jump into the management of it before.  

Glad to be part of the group, I see lots of resources already!

hi and welcome, before we talk about distribution points can you please tell us what SCCM version you currently have and how many clients would it be managing approx ?

Hello and thanks!

The SCCM server is at Version 1706 and I'm guessing that this particular box would be supporting 200-300 machines.  Mostly Windows based desktops with some notebooks mixed in.

They will also have a mix of Chromebooks and Apple iPads.

ah ok, well it's out of support and you'll need to ugprade it to a supported build before you decide to do anything with it, that would be your first task, to setup a plan for the upgrade, it's easy, and you'll gain access to lots of new features by doing so (as well as remain supported)

cheers

niall