Bob

Strange issue with Capture Image Media

Question

Pulling my hair out folks. I have created Boot images and injected drivers for the Intel 82567LM-3 used in the Dell Latitude E6410. I can PXE boot just fine and successfully run a task to put Windows 7 on the laptop.

I created a Capture Image CD to capture the image but it fails. Looking through the smsts.log the first error I see is that a network card could not be found, other errors tell it could not connect to the share where I'm placing my captured image (because no network card).

When I created the Image Capture Media, I specified the same exact boot image I use in my Task Sequence to put Windows 7 on the laptop (which works fine).

Anyone else have this problem. I am really beginning to dislike the Dell Latitude E6410.

3 answers to this question

I have had the same problem with the Lenovo W510.

I suspect the problem is the same, so I will suggest you fetch the Ethernet drivers directly from Intel instead of using Dell's drivers.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18713/a08/PROWin32.exe

I added the driver to the boot images, and created a driver package for it.

I have had the same problem with the Lenovo W510.

I suspect the problem is the same, so I will suggest you fetch the Ethernet drivers directly from Intel instead of using Dell's drivers.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18713/a08/PROWin32.exe

I added the driver to the boot images, and created a driver package for it.

I had the same issue - the E6410 would not connect to the deploymentshare$ on my MDT2010 server. Once I loaded the Intel drivers into the "out of box drivers" and rebuilt the ISO it worked fine.

Thanks for the fix!!

Dave