lratue

USMT 4.0 Office 2003 to Office 2010

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a migration scenario where I want to replace XP SP3 / Office 2003 Clients with Win7 / Office 2010 Clients.

A migration or replacement from Office 2003 to Office 2007 is supported and works in my environment perfectly.

What i wanna know is if there exists already or anyone created a rule inside the MigApp.xml to support Office 2003 to Office 2010 like the Office 2003 to Office 2007 upgrade rule.

This is what i mean for 2003 to 2007:

From MigApp.xml:

<!-- Office 2003 to Office 2007 Settings Upgrade Rule -->

<rules name="Office2003to2007SettingsUpgrade" context="System">

<include>

<objectSet>

<pattern type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [upgradeVersion]</pattern>

<pattern type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [Lang]</pattern>

<pattern type="Registry">HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\LanguageResources [sKULanguage]</pattern>

</objectSet>

</include>

<addObjects>

<object>

<location type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [upgradeVersion]</location>

<attributes>DWORD</attributes>

<bytes>0B000000</bytes>

</object>

<object>

<location type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [Lang]</location>

<attributes>DWORD</attributes>

<bytes>00000000</bytes>

</object>

</addObjects>

<contentModify script="MigSysHelper.ConvertToOfficeLangID('Registry','HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\LanguageResources [sKULanguage]','HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\LanguageResources [sKULanguage]')">

<objectSet>

<pattern type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [Lang]</pattern>

</objectSet>

</contentModify>

<locationModify script="MigXmlHelper.RelativeMove('%HklmWowSoftware%','%HklmWowSoftware%')">

<objectSet>

<pattern type="Registry">%HklmWowSoftware%\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Migration\%OFFICEPROGRAM% [upgradeVersion]</pattern>

</objectSet>

</locationModify>

</rules>

9 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. I'm currently migrating users from Windows XP/Office 2003 to Windows 7/Office 2010 and after the migration, their username in the profile is setup as userid@domain.org not "firstname lastname" so it'll resolve correctly for the outlook servers. Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. I'm currently migrating users from Windows XP/Office 2003 to Windows 7/Office 2010 and after the migration, their username in the profile is setup as userid@domain.org not "firstname lastname" so it'll resolve correctly for the outlook servers. Any ideas?

Same here, has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?

To generate your Own XML file,you can use scnastate tool to generate one for it.

Copy the scan state on the machine where it has Office and other components installed onto it and run the commandline like scanstate /i:migapp.xml /i:miguser.xml /genconfig:custom_config.xml /V:13

If you open up the custom_config.xml you should see something like this below and change it from Yes to No and vice versa.

Scanstate.jpg

To generate your Own XML file,you can use scnastate tool to generate one for it.

Copy the scan state on the machine where it has Office and other components installed onto it and run the commandline like scanstate /i:migapp.xml /i:miguser.xml /genconfig:custom_config.xml /V:13

If you open up the custom_config.xml you should see something like this below and change it from Yes to No and vice versa.

post-3797-12875785926702_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response, but I don't think your understanding the issue.

My USMT 4.0 is setup to migrate this information, and does so without much issue. On some machines, Outlook will not open unless I go to Control Panel -> Mail and re-enter the username, then click Check Name. Then it is detected without issue.

My Question is this, what is the registry key that holds this information?

If I had that I could modify it with a Script after the Restore of the users data.

Do i have to run scanstate on the source or the destination ?

Bernd

Hi,

i also want to migrate form XP (32bit)/Office 2003 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit)/Office2010 (64bit). What i didn't suceed is the migration of Outlook email archives. The archive files appear on the destination, but are not linked to Outlook, so i have to do it manually. Anyone solved thsi problem ?

Bernd

Hi,

i also want to migrate form XP (32bit)/Office 2003 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit)/Office2010 (64bit). What i didn't suceed is the migration of Outlook email archives. The archive files appear on the destination, but are not linked to Outlook, so i have to do it manually. Anyone solved this problem ?

Bernd

I forgot: I installed this hotfix: http://support.micro....com/kb/2405793

Bernd

Hi,

i also want to migrate form XP (32bit)/Office 2003 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit)/Office2010 (64bit). What i didn't suceed is the migration of Outlook email archives. The archive files appear on the destination, but are not linked to Outlook, so i have to do it manually. Anyone solved thsi problem ?

Bernd

Are you talking about migrating .PST files? I was trying to do this recently at a customer site and ran out of time. I'd love to know if anyone else has managed this. A users .PST files are migrated by default, but they don't get associated back with the users accounts when they log into Outlook 2010. Is this possible, or is it a manual step afterwards?