FSiglmueller

Applications don‘t get installed during Build and Capture

Hi All !

I am struggeling with the following topic since a few days:

I am not able to install applications during my Build and capture sequence. I have a PKI (HTTPS-only) infrastructure. 
I installed a client certificate during the unattend.xml. (https://www.jamesbannanit.com/2012/05/how-to-build-and-capture-in-configuration-manager-2012-using-https/)

Softwareupdates install Fine - only Applications are the problem.

Have you got an idea what I can do to fix this ? 

It seems like the Client is having Problems in communicating with the MP. In the IIS log I can‘t find any errors.

Thanks in advance and a merry x-mas.

Florian

what steps are in the install software group, can you show a screenshot of the task sequence, what i can see from the log is it sets a reg key in that group and then restarts, that's about all.

ok well your smsts.log doesn't include the Install applications step at all, I think your task sequence is failing just after restarting the computer, so why are you restarting it and is it restarting to the operating system ? can you disable that step and see what happens.

OK, I disabled the Restart computer step before the convert applications.
Now I started the task sequence again. After finishing that try, I will come back to you.

PS: I can't tell you, why I was restarting the system there.
But it was restarting to the OS. (Now it is disabled and we will see, what happens)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

as written above, I tested it again with the disabled step of the restart before the convert applications.
I got the same error like before. That means, the tasksequence is failing.

Attached you can find all the logs.

Any other ideas, what I am doing wrong ?
Maybe something with the Workgroup Certificate ? How can I test, if this is working correctly ?
From my point of view, it should be ok, because the softwareupdate step in the tasksequence is working fine (WSUS is in https mode), 
but I would like to check, whether it is working like expected. due to the fact that only application installations will fail.

Capture_Logs_wo_Restart.zip