Has anyone managed to get a Microsoft Surface Go2 (LTE Model) to PXE boot successfully?, I have just got a model in to test and I'm unable to get it to PXE boot correctly, it just sits at waiting for approval.  I've tried booting using a surface dock 2, i have also tried with the official USB C adaptor and it wont boot.  I've updated the firmware to the latest version, I have also added the MAC in the hierarchy settings in SCCM to allow duplicate hardware identifiers.  I'm currently running on v 2010 and ADK 2004. 

As @anyweb stated, alwys best to check that the MAC Addresses both the USB-Ethernet dongle and the dock tried are both in the duplicate hardware itentifiers.

Also, it would be worth checking SMSPXE.log on the DP Server to see if the client has in fact got an IP and is awaiting approval, or maybe it doesn't show the key press to continue with PXE boot. 

I've seen this with Intel NUCs where it doesn't actually display the "press ENTER" prompt to continue to boot (when UEFI booting), but if you press ENTER it does carry on, almost as if the firmware doesn't for whatever reason think the message needs displaying.  Might be worth checking that with the Surface Go just in case it's a similar thing.

Here is another way:

1. Plug the ethernet adaptor into the USB Port and add the ethernet cable to the adaptor
2. Start the computer from a shutdown (hold the power and up-volume [Left side of volume] buttons and release the power when you see the win logo).  Keep holding up-volume in until the bios starts.
3.  Change the boot order so PXE is 1st, Win BOOT Manager  is 2nd and Internal Drive is 3rd.
4.  Make sure  Enable USB boot is set [Won't work without this setting]
5.  Disable the IPV6 for PXE boot
6.  Goto Security and Disable Secure Boot [Set it to none] [Won't work without this setting]
7. Goto Devices and Disable the last device in the list => (LTE Modem) [Won't work without this setting]

Then just save and exit.  When it asks the question at the bottom of the screen to enter PXE boot by pressing enter just press enter finish the PXE boot.  

Edited by Mark Frost
Added 2 Boot menu options i forgot