DizzleSizzle

Windows 7 Boot PE

Question

I created a Windows 7 PE on another server with WAIK for Windows 7 installed and also injected the required WMI packages. I was able to import the wim into SCCM as a boot image and added to DP. When I PXE boot a machine it still shows the vista boot screen rather then the new Windows 7 boot screen. I have WAIK 2.0 which was installed by default with SCCM SP2, is it not compatible with WINPE 3.0? I deleted all other Boot images from DP and only left the Windows 7 PE which i imported, still when the machine boots it retains the old vista boot screen?? When i create an ISO of the boot wim and manually boot a machine from it, it uses the new Windows 7 Boot screen...Not sure what the problem is with the SCCM PXE not displaying the new boot screen. do i need to uninstall WAIK 2.0 and install the new WAIK for Windows 7?

3 answers to this question

this is a known issue, i don't know if it's documented anywhere but it's certaintly been noticed before, so i'd say it's safe to disregard if everything is working ok otherwise

Well i tried everything with no luck...i uninstalled the WinAIK and installed the new Windows 7 AIK a new Boot PE no go....just the same old Vista boot. I even built a test WDS server in my test lab loaded up the custom PE and that comes down without any issues with the Windows 7 Boot screen. not sure what the problem is with SCCM not using the right boot screen. If anyone has the solution let me know.