PhilC

Software Updates - The Order of things

Question

I am looking to start using SCCM for software updates in our environment and we currently use SCCM to create / deploy Vista build images.

I have the "Install Updates" task enabled in the build image task sequence. My question is how do I know what order the updates will be installed in as ideally I would like Vista Sp2 to be installed first then the catchup updates afterwards to reduce the overall build time. Are the Software updates clever enough to work this out or should I be installing SP2 as a package in the task sequence before running the "install Updates" task?

Thanks

Phil

1 answer to this question

if you want software updates installed in a specific order then you'll have to manually install those updates using an Install Software task sequence step, the install software updates step will install whatever if feels is nescessary for that computer, so you could test it again and again and see what it installs first..