Kingskawn

Make a query to find all unlicensed O365 installations?

Some end-users are having some trouble with 365 Apps (O365ProPlusRetail) that says there license is not valid or active. I want to make a query or something to group these machines and apply a regfix.

But for that I need to find them. We had the ospp.vbs /dstatus before but as the license comes from the cloud (not mak nor kms) I don't know how I can see this. There is a nice guide of Eswar Koneti but not doable for us : https://eskonr.com/2019/09/check-microsoft-office-activation-status-using-sccm-compliance-settings/

Hi Garth, I tried the trick with ospp.vbs as I used to on Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 but as our licenses are activated from the cloud it's like not working. This is the output I get:

image.png.0cba021e4ae52616a01b0e51dee05e1d.png

To find them we can check on the existence of the folder and tokens created in -> \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing
But this is per user.

Well, there you go, you will need to create your own powershell/VBS script to do the detection. And move the data to an area that CM can inventory. Once you do that you can have CM inventory the data. This might not be a simple task as it will depend on if the users are Admin on their computer or not.