Donte

Batch Script vs PowerShell

Question

Hi Guys, Am not too good with batch script and PowerShell and am trying to amend an existing batch script to do a certain install but I keep 

getting "system error 55 has occurred" on the network drive path of the line, and also " error code 1605" for the install command part of the script 

I am trying to find a way to re write the scrip using PowerShell. the main action is to perform an install of an application which upgrades or updates

the current application to  new version on the local server. I want to re use the same script for other devices too. 

I hope the above makes some sense. 

Edited by Donte
some irrelevant part of the contents was not needed

5 answers to this question

can you go into some detail, include snippets of what you have now and what you'd like to achieve, otherwise we are just left wondering...

Thanks @anyweb, I want to perform uninstallation of an application from multiple machines using a script that can be deployed through SCCM with the below lines. I wanted opinions for which is the best to use between using batch script or PowerShell 

msiexec /x {FXXXX-9XXX-XXX84-AXX-4B3XXX} /q /l*v %Windir%\Logs\Sccm\uninstall-XXX
Del "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\LIVE - XXX" /Q
Del /Q %Windir%\Logs\Sccm\Installed_XXX.log

So far using a batch script with the above does the uninstall manually, but when I deploy the script, it shows success and hits the machine but does not remove the application.

I have tried using PSDA kit and had the same issue,

3 hours ago, JackieThomas said:

Im trying to develop some react app for kids, but stuck with some problem. Anyone senior here?:)

what have you tried and did it fail ? why not raise your own topic and explain what you've tried and what you want to achieve...