RobbieJ

- In Tune, Surface hubs not registering in MDM

Hey there,

having some issues with MDM  and intune/device management within our surface hubs deployment.  Initially we tried to make autoe enrollment work for devices that appeared in Azure AD that then appeared within a dynamic group because of their OS type or the device name, after reading technet its apparent that it's user based so we reworked the solution, still having issues:

• A dynamic user group has been created that automatically adds room and room mailbox/teams accounts in to a Azure AD security group, based on an attribute on the object ID at time of creation
  • The above group is getting populated by new surface hub accounts a few minutes after I run our provisioning script to create our surface hub device accounts
  • All surface hubs are joined to Azure AD using a global admin Azure AD account
  • Surface hub is signed in to the room/mailbox account
  • Teams and other functions work

MDM will not register the device or show online/present.  Are we missing something here?

Thanks

Robbie

I checked with a Hub user and this was his response

1) autoenrollment is not enrolling in to intune, only Azure AD

2) all policy and apps need to be assigned to a device group, as there is no "concept" of a user on the device

1 hour ago, anyweb said:

I checked with a Hub user and this was his response

1) autoenrollment is not enrolling in to intune, only Azure AD

2) all policy and apps need to be assigned to a device group, as there is no "concept" of a user on the device

Great thanks Anyweb.

So in my use case I could create an Azure Dynamic Device group (A), that is selected in the auto enrolment options within Device Management.  So when a new Surface Hub is joined to Azure AD it is added to the group automatically and also auto enrolled in to MDM/Intune because that group is specified in the auto enrolment settings.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks