Sokoban

SCCM OSD Selcted OU will copy the files​

Selcted OU will copy the files

I want my selected OU will copy files to WMS folder in the desktop.

96642-copy-files-1.jpg

And here is the selected OU choose the filepath.

How will I do that ?

Copy Files 2.jpg

Edited by Sokoban

you could separate individual commands, such as

mkdir %userprofile%\DESKTOP\WMS

and for the Options tab, only run if it that folders exists, therefore that step alone would only run if the folder doesn't exist, and it would create the desired folder...

then do something similar for the other bits, that would be how i'd approach it

Hi Thanks for your answer, I'm not sure you understand my question. Maybe I explain little bit unclear.

I want to make that statement.. 

IF that OU = AAA Copy Files from \\Server\Folder\A

IF That OU = BBB copy files from \\Server\Folder\B

... etc... 

It is possible to do that in Task Sequence ?

anything is possible, with powershell you can find out the info as below

For user:

Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -Identity $(($adUser = Get-ADUser -Identity $env:USERNAME).DistinguishedName.SubString($adUser.DistinguishedName.IndexOf("OU=")))

For computer:

Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -Identity $(($adComputer = Get-ADComputer -Identity $env:COMPUTERNAME).DistinguishedName.SubString($adComputer.DistinguishedName.IndexOf("OU=")))

once you have that data, you can assign it to a task sequence variable and do whatever you want based on that variable

15 hours ago, anyweb said:

anything is possible, with powershell you can find out the info as below

For user:

Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -Identity $(($adUser = Get-ADUser -Identity $env:USERNAME).DistinguishedName.SubString($adUser.DistinguishedName.IndexOf("OU=")))

For computer:

Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -Identity $(($adComputer = Get-ADComputer -Identity $env:COMPUTERNAME).DistinguishedName.SubString($adComputer.DistinguishedName.IndexOf("OU=")))

once you have that data, you can assign it to a task sequence variable and do whatever you want based on that variable

Thanks :-)... but can you show me a example , i'm not sure if understand your solution ... 

// Jonas 

here are some pointers,  this should get you started.

to set a task sequence variable called detectedOU in an SCCM task sequence you can create a run command line step like so, it just requires you to set the powershell variable $detectedOU using either of the two detection methods i posted in an earlier post above

powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -command "& {$tsenv = New-Object -COMObject Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment; $tsenv.Value('detectedOU') = $detectedOU}"

once you've set the task sequence variable, you can then create additional run command line steps to take actions based on the %detectedOU% variable value

I hope that explains it :)