I have been getting lot of sms software inventory processor errors. I turned off the Software Inventory from client settings but that hasn't fixed the issue, I still keep getting these error messages.

BADSINV folder is getting filled up with huge number of files, the size of the folder has reached 25 GB now.

Error message is:

Software Inventory Processor failed to process software inventory file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\sinv.box\abc.SID," and has moved it to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\sinv.box\BADSinv\xyz.SID."

Is there any solution for this? It was all working fine and just started happening few weeks ago. I can see on what date we started getting these errors, I didn't make any changes on that day. There is other SCCM Admin but he's not sure what might have lead to this as he's been making lot changes.

Also, how do I clear the BADSINV folder?

Thanks,

Bunny