nhottinger

Software Update Groups not being created / shown

I've posted other places online and searched for someone else with the problem and I'm coming up empty.  Here's the deal, I'm pretty sure it started right after I upgraded to 2010 (now on 2103).  When I create a software update group with updates in it, the software update group is no longer visible for me under the Software Update Group area.  I'll add a picture and explain a bit more.  Here's my normal process that used to work.  I would select the updates I wanted to roll out to a test group.  Download and Deploy them which would automatically create the software upgrade group that I named.  Once the testing was complete and verified working, I would go to the Software Update Groups area and find the group I just deployed to the test devices and deploy it again to the entire org.  Now after the 2010 upgrade, I no longer see any of the software update groups I've created.  In the image, you will see that there are no groups showing after the 5/20/21 date (with the exception of the 21H1 group and I'm honestly not sure how I got that one to show up.  

image.thumb.png.d5f53305d78803ecb7c7f60d4f077f12.png 

i notice in your first screenshot that it is warning you about the sheer number of SUG's you have, do you have any idea how many there are ? any reason why you are not cleaning them up ?

I do have a lot, but most of them are fron the Endpoint Protection Updates that get created multiple times a day.  Should I just go through and remove all the stale update groups or is there a preferred method?

** Update **  That seemed to do the trick.  I got rid of a lot of SUG's and I can now see the current update groups I created.  This is a huge relief.  Are they any other maintenance tips I should be following from a manual standpoint, not something that is already automated in SCCM?