winslowohio

Can't uninstall WAIK

I am trying to uninstall WAIK on a Windows Server 2008 system with SCCM 2007 SP1 so that I can upgrage to SP2. However when I run the uninstall it says it can't find the original resource waik.msi. I have tried to google the issue and can't seem to find a way to remove WAIK so that I can continue on. Has anyone ever resolved a similar issue?

you could always reinstall the waik version you have, have you tried that ?

I tried to rerun the msi that was in c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\WAIK\ and it takes me to the Windows Installer box saying that the feature is on a network resource that is unavailable. It is looking in the location above for waik.msi which isn't there. I get the same thing when I use the original install location that was used to install SCCM 2007 SP1. I am not sure how to determine the version of WAIK I have or where to get the installation files. I assume I can get them from Microsoft but I am not sure what version I need to get.

I tried to rerun the msi that was in c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\WAIK\ and it takes me to the Windows Installer box saying that the feature is on a network resource that is unavailable. It is looking in the location above for waik.msi which isn't there. I get the same thing when I use the original install location that was used to install SCCM 2007 SP1. I am not sure how to determine the version of WAIK I have or where to get the installation files. I assume I can get them from Microsoft but I am not sure what version I need to get.

SCCM 2007 sp1 uses WAIK 1.1. This should get you going ;)

Otherwise you have to remove it manually from the registry and the harddisk, but this isn't my preferred way of working.

SCCM 2007 sp1 uses WAIK 1.1. This should get you going ;)

Otherwise you have to remove it manually from the registry an the harddisk, but this isn't my preferred way of working.

Thanks. I downloaded the WAIK 1.1 version from Microsoft and launched the setup from the splash screen and it still goes back to trying to find the WAIK.msi file. So I uninstalled SCCM 2007 SP1 and deleted all references in the registry for WAIK and Windows Automated Installation Kit. Then I ran the install again and it completed. Not the easiest way but at least it worked.

Thanks.

You're welcome!

So I uninstalled SCCM 2007 SP1 and deleted all references in the registry for WAIK and Windows Automated Installation Kit. Then I ran the install again and it completed. Not the easiest way but at least it worked.

I expected it. I'm glad it works now.

I tryied reinstall SP2 - no luck.

Manual installation of WAIK3 can not continue. It asked file D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\WAIK\waik.msi

There was only waikamd64.msi and waikx86.msi.

It was Win 2003 x64 server, so I make copy of file waikamd64.msi and rename it to waik.msi.

And copy of waikamd64.mst renamed to waik.mst

Installation of WAIK KB3AIK_EN can continue.

I uninstalled WAIK, restarted server, installed WAIK again.

And everything is working. I can add new boot image, add drivers to boot images, ...