Hi Guys,

I just finished installing 1 Primary and 4 Secondary Sites.

I have all the Boundaries setup properly using Forest Search and IP Subnet Boundaries for corresponding Secondary Sites.

When I look at my Devices I can see 750 devices which all assigned to Primary site instead of they assigned in to their own Site.

My questions:

1- Is this normal?

2- When we deploy package or OSD those clients set to My Primary Site will they download the content from Primary Site or Their Own Site??

Capture 4 picture Shows the DLC Site Client Push Settings...

Regards,

Gokhan

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

1. that's normal see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/clients/deploy/assign-clients-to-a-site

2. I wouldn't setup boundaries using subnet, that's probably going to cause you issues, use IP ranges instead for your boundary definitions. Clients should download content from the distribution point closest to them (based on boundaries) or from fallback dp's if you have configured that.

Well,

I used the Discovery Method of Forest Search and Because Sites published on AD it automatically discovered networks and created boundaries based on that.

Isnt this the best method?

You can see from the picture that's one of the secondary sites where forest discovery created for it...

Regards,

Capture 5.PNG

Anyweb,

I also want to check with you.

Forest Discovery created automatically ip ranges boundaries.

Also it pulled SITE names from AD Sites that has been published on AD.

Could you check this is my Secondary Site Boundary Group Could this be correctly setup.

Regards,

Capture 7.PNG