lucent6408d

Problem injecting drivers to my boot image

Question

Hello everyone,

Im hopping someone can help me out, I just upgraded my SCCM from RTM to SP2 because we are getting ready to start deploying windows7 however there are a lot of machines in my network that will keep win xp until they come off their lease so, the boot image that I was using was originally created with the RTM version that only supports as far as Vista there for since now I have SP2 they are not compartible when I try to inject new drivers regardless if they are for XP for win7. I created a new boot image on the side and tried to add win 7 drivers and it works fine but it wont take xp drivers. when I try to inject any xp drivers this is the error I get:

Error: The wizard detected the following problems when updating the boot image.

Failed to install required packages into to the boot image

The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error.: ConfigMgr Error Object:

instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus

{

Description = "Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file";

ErrorCode = 2152205056;

File = "e:\\nts_sms_fre\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspbootimagepackage.cpp";

Line = 4262;

ObjectInfo = "CSspBootImagePackage::PreRefreshPkgSrcHook";

Operation = "ExecMethod";

ParameterInfo = "SMS_BootImagePackage.PackageID=\"COR002CA\"";

ProviderName = "WinMgmt";

StatusCode = 2147749889;

I dont want to delete all the xp drivers becuase even though the new boot image dont need them , i still need them to be installed on the OS itself for those laptop that are still XP. so what is the best way to identify what's what in Win PE

3 answers to this question

Got it, ok here is another problem that Im having, all of the sudden I started getting this error message:Please view the log file attached

Task sequence cannot continue after reboot because TS Manager is not configured to auto-start or GINA is not installed

Fatal error is returned in check for reboot request of the action (Restart Computer Last).

Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows)

An error (0x80004005) is encountered in execution of the task sequence

Got it, ok here is another problem that Im having, all of the sudden I started getting this error message:Please view the log file attached

Task sequence cannot continue after reboot because TS Manager is not configured to auto-start or GINA is not installed

Fatal error is returned in check for reboot request of the action (Restart Computer Last).

Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows)

An error (0x80004005) is encountered in execution of the task sequence

Google answers with this reply :)