anyweb

Migrate to the cloud - Part 1. Setup

3 minutes ago, anyweb said:

the intune policies will hit as soon as the device becomes managed by Intune which usually occurs after we join Azure AD,

why do you want to disable Windows Hello For Business ?

Because we will access a local fileshare with AD credentials for a period, and we can't set up a cloud trust because of no AADsync. Unfortunately we have two seperate enviroments. .local and in Azure, with no sync between.

Edited by kjeska

i guess you modified the script ? did you look at part 3 the troubleshooting part it gives you some ideas to help with troubleshooting

3 hours ago, anyweb said:

i guess you modified the script ? did you look at part 3 the troubleshooting part it gives you some ideas to help with troubleshooting

No, I didn't modify anything.  I did not setup the smtp/email stuff, but otherwise followed step by step.  I'm probably not smart enough to make sense of those troubleshooting steps 😞 Thanks though!

EDIT - I did check the logs.  1st is the "part1" and the second is the  "status_part1" last few line of each. 

08/18/2022 10:16:00 Stopping SMS service
08/18/2022 10:16:00 Fixing ODBF
08/18/2022 10:16:15 Exiting the 'migrate my pc' script.
08/18/2022 10:16:18 about to read regpath: 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\365 Technologies\' regkey: 'atStep'
08/18/2022 10:16:18 Ending the status UI script for AP Migration part 1...
08/18/2022 10:16:18 aborting out of this...

Edited by This_guy

yours is bombing out very early, in the prerequisites check,

you can try remming out the call to  'fixing odbf' function, it's at line 587, it's not needed (for my work environment only)

# fix odbf computer name before continuing
LogWrite "Fixing ODBF"
FixODBF

fix it like so (place # in front of those 2 lines)

#LogWrite "Fixing ODBF"
#FixODBF

once done, save the changes and test again please

On 8/22/2022 at 2:37 AM, anyweb said:

yours is bombing out very early, in the prerequisites check,

you can try remming out the call to  'fixing odbf' function, it's at line 587, it's not needed (for my work environment only)

LogWrite "Fixing ODBF"
FixODBF

fix it like so (place # in front of those 2 lines)

#LogWrite "Fixing ODBF"
#FixODBF

once done, save the changes and test again please

We get further, but I am realizing that my hope of using your script(s) without SCCM installed probably just won't work.  I now get:

08/26/2022 05:53:44 uninstalling ConfigMgr agent...
08/26/2022 05:53:44 Starting RemoveSCCMClient function
08/26/2022 05:53:44 An error occurred when trying to email the logs, here is the error: This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.
08/26/2022 05:53:44 Something failed, aborting Migrate process
08/26/2022 05:53:44 setting HKLM:\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\My Company atStep 10 String
08/26/2022 05:53:44 registry value set successfully

if you are not using SCCM, then you need to rem out the RemoveSCCMClient call, I think it's in the takeaction function, just place a # in front of it and that'll help, otherwise it will fail,

start with that, then try again

1 hour ago, anyweb said:

if you are not using SCCM, then you need to rem out the RemoveSCCMClient call, I think it's in the takeaction function, just place a # in front of it and that'll help, otherwise it will fail,

start with that, then try again

Zipping it all up...to create the following ZIP file: 'C:\MigrateLogs.zip'
08/26/2022 07:15:53 An error occurred when trying to email the logs, here is the error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
08/26/2022 07:15:53 Something failed, aborting Migrate process

I didn't set up the mail function - is that what would be causing the script to fail here now?

the mail function is used when a failure occurs to send logs to a shared email inbox, you can search the script and rem it out however you will need it sooner or later, that's why it's there

i think it's in the somethingfailed function (not looking at the scripts right now)