I have a specific machine that is running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 19042.1766 (20H2).  I am wanting to deploy the Windows 10 21H2 Enablement package upgrade via SCCM.  This machine is not showing as "required".

I looked at the prerequisite for this enablement package, which are that the build has to be at least 19041 and SSU for Windows 10, version 2004: September 8, 2020 or later.  For the latest SSU (KB5005260) this machine is showing as "not required".

Why are some machines (I have more than one with this same example) appearing to be compliant with prerequisites but yet they are not showing as needing this Enablement Package?  Is there some way of determining why SCCM does not think it's needed?

Sorry if my answer comes off as if i am asking a silly question but i had to answer the same for a colleague at work just the other day, he tried to deploy the en-GB enablement pack to devices as that was the installed language rather than the default system language.  

open an elevated cmd prompt and enter dism /online /get-intl    That should return the below.  For my device the enablement pack i require is the en-US x64. 

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.844

Image Version: 10.0.19045.2130

Reporting online international settings.

Default system UI language : en-US
System locale : en-US
Default time zone : GMT Standard Time
Active keyboard(s) : 0809:00000809, 0409:00000809
Keyboard layered driver : PC/AT Enhanced Keyboard (101/102-Key)

Installed language(s): en-GB
  Type : Partially localized language, MUI type.
  Fallback Languages en-US
Installed language(s): en-US
  Type : Fully localized language.

Ok small mistake on my part you're using the enablement package, Some of the time its due to the patch level and sometimes its the software distribution folder thats goosed

Ok Its not at the latest patch level which maybe giving you this problem, with latest patches your build number should be 19042.2130.  try patching them and then use the Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 21H2 x64-based Systems 2021-11 Via enablement package. In the All Windows Feature Updates node search for 21H2 and right at the bottom you will find the update Just verify its downloaded and Deployed.

What you can also do if your latest patch doesnt apply is stop the sms agent host service, stop the windows update service, rename C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old.   Restart the SMS Agent Host and Run a Software Updates Scan from the control panel.   Thats should then verify all the patches deployed to the device and whats installed and hopefully install the Monthly patch or just allow the enablement to update the device.