zedude95

Distribution point no longer working as expected

Hey guys,

I really need some assistance here

I have 2 distribution points and one of them had some serious issue (even manual microsoft patch couldn't be installed any longer)

So i decided to rebuild that DP from scratch (before i removed any role from that DP within SCCM)

Anyway, i rebuild it
i tought it was pretty straight forward but of course, i clearly missed something

Right now, the SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER logs shows many lines like this one :

Failed to notify PullDP. check \\DISTRIBUTION-POINT01.domain\SMS_DP$\sms\logs\smsdpprov.log
PullDP notification failed. Failure count = 23/30, Restart time = 21/02/2023 01:52:28 Paris, Madrid

the log file mentionned shows things like :
[1078][Tue 02/21/2023 18:01:23]:Failed to connect to namespace root\MicrosoftIISv2. error = 0x8004100e
[1078][Tue 02/21/2023 18:01:23]:Failed to validate IIS and ShareFolder configurations. Return code: 0x8004100E

That's where i am

Any idea folks ?

great stuff !, make sure to also verify that you've installed all prerequisites for the distribution point role as specified here

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/configs/site-and-site-system-prerequisites#distribution-point